Tuesday, March 18, 2008

ARC is on the move.

There have been a lot of great things happening at ARC. I have to apologize for not blogging about them more.

Funding
This past Sunday, we brainstormed funding sources outside of F-board. Here are some of the things ARC members came up with:
  • Brandeis Pluralism Alliance - Gives out grants relating to pluralism and diversity.
  • Ethics Center - contact Marci McPhee (mcphee@brandeis.edu or ethicscenter@brandeis.edu to contact the admin).
  • Student Union Social Justice Grants
  • Local businesses. See especially: Franco's and Prime Deli. I'm told they really love Brandeis students.
Those are just some of the resources you came up with. The full list will be on the website soon. (I hope!)

Media
Two weeks ago, we had a great chat with representatives from The Hoot and The Justice. We discussed the entire production process of both newspapers from story to print. We had a conversation about misquotes, ethics and getting our activist events in the paper. Notes from those meetings will be on the website soon as well.

Sorry for the spotty updating -- I'm trying to do better in the future!

No comments: